you know how it goes: A rolling stone gathers no moss! So we keep the stone rolling! Here are the dates for our upcoming Legion and Village Brawl Weekends!
Village Brawl Weekends:
May 8th – May 10th
June 5th – June 7th
July 3rd – July 5th
July 31st – August 2nd
May 22nd – May 24th
June 19th – June 21st
July 17th – July 19th
August 14th – August 16th
Asterix & Friends currently needs the Adobe Flash Player to run on PC in the browser. Unfortunately more and more browsers are de-activating flash support which makes the activation more complex. You can find the detailed steps how to activate Flash here: https://www.asterix-friends.com/de/adobe-flash.
We are currently working on a version of the game that runs on the Unity engine and therefore does not need Adobe Flash to run. Until it is released you may also try the game inside Facebook Game Room or on iOS and Android devices.
Dear players of Asterix & Friends,
today was a difficult day for all of us. Our scheduled maintenance took longer as expected and even afterwards we had to disable the login for the users of our web version (who play via asterix-friends.com) several times. This evening another issue arose, which made the web and Facebook version inaccessable for about 2 hours.
We are aware that this was a frustrating experience for you and we would like to apologize for this deeply.
As we informed you earlier, we had to migrate the complete account system of the web version (for users playing via asterix-friends.com) short-term to another service provider (Xsolla), since the old provider (the IBS/GCP system of Telekom) will cease their service at May, 1st.
Unfortunately, taking over a game from another developer is often a task with many pitfalls. The game code and server infrastructure have been growing “organically” over the past few years and are not documented perfectly everywhere. Although we tested the new system thoroughly on our testing environments, we encountered unforeseen problems after deploying the code to the LIVE servers.
The servers are now back online and login is possible with the following restrictions:
- If you are playing for the first time since the account system change you’ll need to request a new password via email. If you have no longer access to your inbox or just do not get the confirmation e-mail please contact our customer support at email@example.com
- Purchases of Roman Helmets are currently not possible inside the game.
- We have reports that some users get an error, asking them to install Adobe Flash even though they have already installed it. We can’t reproduce this error but suspect that it is related to the fact that we released a new Flash Client. Please consult our FAQ on how to activate Flash in your browser (https://www.asterix-friends.com/en/adobe-flash). Further to that some users have reported that emptying the browser cache or simply restarting the PC has fixed the issue.
We would like to assure all users, who play the game via our website asterix-friends.com, that we are working hard to provide a fix both for the issue with the wrong language as well as the deactivated payment as soon as possible. It might still take a few more days until we can put it live. We will strive to avoid such long downtimes as today and to provide a better game experience for you.
As we announced earlier this migration was just one of the first steps to grow Asterix & Friends again. Now that we can deploy new game clients again we will soon start new events. We are also working on new contents and features (among them the ability to play the same village on Mobile and Web) until we will release the Remaster Version (based on the Unity Engine) towards end of the year.
We would like to thank all of you for your patience. You should find a small compensation for your inconvenience in your ingame inbox within the next minutes.
We hope you will stay with Asterix & Friends despite today’s issues.
As announced you will not be able to log in with your old password anymore after the maintenance. An error message will be displayed: “Wrong username or password”. Don’t panic! All you need to do is to reset your password.
Wrong username or password
1. Click on the green “LOGIN” Button on the mainpage (www.asterix-friends.com) to get to the Login Page (www.asterix-friends.com/en/login):
The button leading to the login page
The Login Page
2. Click “Forgot your password?” at the bottom left of the LOGIN box.
3. Enter your email address and click “Recover password”.
4. Check your mail inbox and in the password recovery email click “Recover password”.
Please make sure to also check the spam folder of your mail provider. If you use an e-mail program like Outlook or Thunderbird, it might not retrieve mails from the spam folder, depending on your settings. In this case, please also check the spam folder of your e-mail inbox in your browser on the website of your mail provider.
This button in the e-mail you receive opens the page in your browser to set your new password.
5. Enter your new password and click “Set New Password”.
Enter your new password in the “Password” and “Confirm Password” field.
6. Go back to the login page (www.asterix-friends.com/en/login) and log in with your email address and your new password.
Login with your e-mail and the new password.
Please note: There is an alternative method to log in. In the main page in the “Registration” box, you can switch the box from registration to login by clicking on “I already have an account”.
Switching to Login on the Main Page
The Box will now look just like the Login box on the separate Login Page. Please note though, that the Box will still shows “Registration” at the top border. After that, please continue with Step 2 above.
The Box has switched to Login and now shows the “Forgot Password” button.
Ingame offers cannot be purchased for approximately a week by users, who play the game via the website asterix-friends.com. This means that you will be unable to purchase Roman Helmets and other special offers for a limited time. We will inform you, as soon as it is possible to complete purchases again.