Dear players of Asterix & Friends,
when we took over the game from the previous publisher, we knew we had some work to do. The end of Adobe Flash was already in sight and the shutdown date set us a tough deadline for the web and Facebook versions. It also meant that we had to completely reprogram the whole game in a new, future-proof technology – the choice fell on Unity / Web-GL.
Since on January 12th Flash will definitely no longer work, we now have to publish the new Unity version, even if it is not quite finished yet.
We’re starting today with the exchange of the Facebook version. The “web version” that you play via the website asterix-friends.com or third-party providers such as Kongregate will follow shortly.
What does that mean specifically for you as a player?
After a short maintenance, the new Unity version will start for you on Facebook. This does not require Flash or other plugins.
Unfortunately this version still has some bugs and centurion throwing and the race through Italy has not yet been implemented.
We are working on making the game available as quickly as possible in the usual quality and with all the features. We will publish updates regularly and at short intervals to correct these deficiencies.
We are aware that this, in particular due to the lack of the centurion and race features, has a negative effect on you players but also on guilds – we regret this and ask for your understanding and patience.
Please note that the versions on Android and iOS are not affected by the Flash shutdown. So if you link your game to the Facebook version on your Android or Apple smartphones and tablets, you can switch to them and still have all the features available.
Here is a list of things that are not currently working or not working properly in the new Unity version:
– Centurion punch
– Race through Italy
– It may happen that certain texts in the game get displayed in English despite German or French language setting
Performance / Connection:
– You may encounter lags when clicking buttons, collecting rewards, collecting resources etc.
– Sometimes after playing for a long time, things like collecting sesterce or food, hunting boars etc. don’t work anymore; please reload the game. You should get the “Refresh”-message, but please reload your browser tab via the refresh-button in the browser toolbar.
– There is no automatic logout after a while
– Logout-Button doesn’t work at the moment
– Village Map / Egypt: You can zoom in too close and can’t zoom out enough
– Friendsmap: The camera is too far zoomed in
– You may encounter various graphical glitches
– Colored Outlines (when hovering over objects) still include the object’s shadow. If the avatar is standing in front of the object, it will cover the avatar while being hovered over
– Interface elements, icons, and pop-up graphics are not scaled properly yet. Also, they are pixelated. –
– Village icons on friends map are pixelated.
– It might happen that two village icons on your friends map overlap
– Some special effects are still missing or don’t work properly
– Some animations are still missing or don’t work properly
– Quest pointers may occur in wrong places
– When hovering over objects the tooltips are too big and displaced. It may occur that they cover objects, buttons, or get cut off by the screen.
Sound / Music:
– After fighting a roman patrol, the music gets turned on even though it was turned off before. The music button gets displayed as muted.
– Click-Sound sounds weird at the moment.
– Some other sound effects are still missing or don’t work properly
– Whispering doesn’t work right now
– Usernames in chat don’t get displayed correctly right now
– Guild Chat is missing
– When harvesting resources too fast, the animation could get stuck. Afterward, Pointandclix can’t move and you have to reload the game
– After upgrading the butcher and using Roman Helmets to finish the upgrade, the game crashes the next time you collect sesterce from the butcher. Workaround: Reload game/browser tab after the crash
– If you swap buildings and then try to move them back again, the sign with the building lot disappears and you can no longer place any buildings at this spot
– When crafting an item or upgrading a build / character the timer could get stuck. Please reload in this case.
– When trying to buy a missing item or skipping the crafting / upgrading timer with Roman Helmets it may happen that the button won’t react. Please reload in this case.
– When upgrading a building / character and skipping the timer with Roman Helmets it may happen that the game crashes. You’ll get the refresh-error
– When collecting sesterce it may happen that the game crashes. You’ll get the refresh-error
– Fights may get stuck and go on indefinitely. Please reload in this case
– When hovering over an outpost, the “Camp Return Counter” will be displayed.
– If the brawl doesn’t show any opponents please reload
– When clicking on daily special offers (food) it duplicates the market tab buttons. Reload to fix this.
– Sometimes, after purchasing something in the market, you need to reload the game to get the item
– Game crashes when you hover over the red “close” button (x)
– While traveling to Egypt you may encounter graphical glitches on the World Map
– It may happen that you get stuck in the traveling process (Gaul – Egypt). Please reload and try again.
– If Egyptian workers don’t offer any quests, please reload.
– It may happen that, after the effect of the magic potion is over, the avatar is still marked as “undefeatable” and the battle screen shows “100%”. Also when hovering over the avatar the tooltip shows “Magic Potion: 1 use(s)”. You need to reload to fix this issue.
– The message from Edifis about the palace in danger of collapsing is – apart from the subject – completely empty.
– After Edifis first quest “Welcome to Egypt” the player should get a short text tutorial when clicking at the palace. It doesn’t pop up right now, but you can open it manually by clicking on the ?-Button
If you should encounter bugs or problems while playing that are not on this list, it would be of great help to us if you could report them to us using the following form:
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the help, feedback, constructive criticism and moral support that you have given us over the past few months. Without you we would not be where we are and we can promise you that 2021 will be an exciting year for Asterix & Friends. We have some interesting innovations, features and improvements planned and as soon as the Unity version runs flawlessly on all platforms (web, Facebook, Android and iOS), we will concentrate all our resources on these innovations. We hope that you will stay with us and the game as players so that after years of patient waiting you can finally enjoy real innovations.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Your Asterix & Friends Team